Monday 9 April 2012

Dark Paradise Chapter Forty One

It was a Saturday and Khushi knew that today Arnav had nothing on at the office, but it never stopped him from working at home. So, before he woke up she got out of bed, took his laptop, bluetooth and mobile and hid it in Di's room. Di was aware of this plan and fully supported it, Anjali locked the belongings in her cupboard and Khushi smiled. Khushi quickly made her way back to her room, got into the bed and snuggled up to Arnav as had been her position before she woke up. Arnav got up after a while, he opened his eyes and looked at Khushi who was looking back at him.
"What?" He asked, baffled by his wife's amused expression.
"Nothing I just love the weekend." She said with a smile, Arnav took his hand that was wrapped around her and shook her hair.
"Tum pagal hoon." He said and she slapped his hands away.
"Jaanti hoon, aur tum ek pagal se pyaar karte hoon." She said and lightly kissed him on the lips before she scampered off to the bathroom. Arnav stretched and smiled, he loved weekends too, especially when he woke up to Khushi being in this kind of a mood.
Khushi was downstairs at the dining table sipping on some juice when she heard it.
"What the?! HARI PRAKASH!" Arnav shouted, Khushi and Anjali shared a look and then hid their smiles. Arnav thundered down the stairs and all the family members looked towards him shocked.
"Kya hua Bhai?" Akash asked and Arnav looked at Akash with a dark look.
"Akash, my phone, laptop, bluetooth all of its missing." He said and everyone excluding Khushi and Anjali looked shocked.
"Kya! Gharma mein choriwa hogaye! Hello Hi bye bye. Mujhe apna jewellerywa ko check karega pari." Mamiji said as she began to get up and Khushi decided to fess up.
"Uski kohi zuroorat nahi Mamiji. Maine hi Arnav ka samaan chupake rakha." Khushi said and Mamiji sat back down to witness what she hoped would be today's entertainment.

"What the hell Khushi? Tumne...okay ha ha very funny abh vapaas karo." He said and Khushi shook her head. Arnav looked at her with a fiery look. "Khushi I'm not joking, give me my stuff back." He said through gritted teeth.
"Hah, toh hum kaha muzaaq karre? I don't think you remember you promised me that after I got better after my accident you would take me to the country house. Tumne aisa kiya? Nahi na? I never said anything. You forced me to come back before I was ready, I didn't say anything. Now I'm trying to spend some time with you and all you want to do is work. Well fine if you want your stuff back so badly I'll go get it. I'll just spend the day with Umma and Bauji, waise bhi kafi din hogaye unse milne mein." Khushi said and Arnav rolled his eyes. He hated when she used going to her Bua's as a threat. She knew he hated when she wasn't around him, even if he was working he preferred having her nearby and she knew that very well.
"FINE! Whatever, you do whatever you want. Its not like anyone listens to me anymore anyway!" Arnav complained as he retreated upstairs. Khushi smiled, when it dawned on her he hadn't eaten. Okay he can go in as many moods as he wants, be as angry as he wants but he can't ignore his meals. He was diabetic and if his blood sugar levels dropped- no, this was not acceptable. Khushi got up and grabbed some toast, juice and fruit. She put it on a tray and headed upstairs to go placate her Laad Governor.
Khushi walked into their room, to find Arnav missing, she put the tray down, turned and saw him cutting ferociously at his plants.
"Samajthi hai apne aap ko kya? Miss World? Mera samaan churati hai, aur phir mujhe emotional blackmail karti hai." He muttered aloud and Khushi gulped. He was in a foul mood today. She cleared her throat, he stopped snipping, looked at her, his lips twitched into a deeper frown and he proceeded to cut away.
"Apne naashta nahi kiya. Isilye maine yahaan rakh diya." She said, Arnav did not respond, his icy silence made Khushi uncomfortable. "Aap kaalijiye naa. Aap mujse naraaz hai, khaane se nahi." She said, Arnav ignored her. Khushi became upset. She walked up to him and Arnav continued to snip. Khushi pushed Arnav to try and get a reaction, he hadn't expected that and he lost his balance briefly. He dropped the shears and Khushi jumped back briefly, the shears just missed her. Arnav ran up to Khushi immediately.
"Khushi tum tik hoon na? Why did you do that, do you even understand something could have happened to you, you could have hurt yourself?!" Arnav shouted and Khushi shoved him off of her.
"Toh, tumse kya? I'm the worst human being on the earth aren't I? I wanted to spend some time with my husband so I deserve to be punished. I deserve worse than this don't I?!" She shouted back at him and Arnav clenched his jaw.
"Khushi I never said that and you know I'd never want that." He said trying to remain calm unlike Khushi who had begun to cry.
"Nahi I'm the one whose wrong. Everything is my fault, na? Tum haamesha sahi hoon aur mein gulaat. Maaf kijiye Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, humse bhul hogaye abh dobara nahi hoga!" Khushi said.

Arnav groaned, he hated her when she talked like that, bringing back all those stupid things he'd said to her in the past. He went to wipe away her tears but she pushed his hand away. Arnav took a deep breath and turned Khushi to him, wiping her tears away and then he cupped her face.
"Look Khushi, you know me. Khabbi khabbi I say things, the wrong things that I don't mean. You know I usually take my time to cool down and then I regret it. You caught me in the middle of my anger and I just- I didn't mean to make you upset. Its perfectly right for you to want to spend time with me because Jaan I always want to spend time with you. Lekin aap bhi puchsakti thi na? What was the need to steal all my stuff?" He asked and Khushi sniffed and looked up at him.
"Woh humne socha khi shahid aap manna kardenge isilye humne yeh saab kiya takhi aap majbooran hum saab ki saath waqt guzarna parega." She said innocently and Arnav grinned.
"Khushi you don't need to force me to spend time with you, I love you. Ek bhaar pyaar se puchdethi toh main khabi inquaar nahi karta." Arnav said and Khushi blushed.

Read more of this here.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh.... nice words Raizada...still not forgiven though....

    ReplyDelete