Monday 16 July 2012

Dark Paradise: The Final Chapter

Khushi was in the nursery, she sat in the rocking chair with Abhay in her arms and gently swayed to and fro, attempting to get Abhay to settle. She was exhausted, Abhay didn't seem to like sleeping at night, instead he liked to cry the whole house down. Khushi looked down at her now sleeping and seemingly angelic son.
"Bilkul apne Pappa par gaye hai yeh, chotta laad governor." She said whilst smiling at him. She looked around the room and her eyes focused on the framed photo of her and Arnav. She smiled and a strong feeling of nostalgia hit her, a painful pang hit her heart as she wistfully recalled her journey with Arnav that bought her here. Someone very close to her once told her that when you meet the person you belong with you just know....This wasn't true for Khushi, for months she hated and felt enraged by Arnav but then slowly, gradually and unknowingly, it happened. ASR became Arnavji and from Arnavji to Arnav, the man who she loved, respected and honestly could not live without. Marrying Arnav and realising her love for him was the best thing that happened to her life, well best after Abhay. She continued rocking in the chair, with Abhay peacefully sleeping, when Arnav walked in. Khushi looked at him, surprised, it was four in the morning, he had work in four hours.
"Arnav, aap-" Khushi began.
"Shhhhh." Arnav said as he walked in stealthily. He reached where Abhay and Khushi were, he was afraid he'd wake Abhay by speaking and so he acted out what he wanted to say. He pointed to Abhay, then he folded his hands together and rested his head on them whilst closing his eyes. Khushi smiled, Arnav opened his eyes and Khushi nodded. Arnav looked at Abhay with that half-side smile, that would always make Khushi's heart beat that little bit fasted. He looked up to Khushi, he held his arms out, tilting his head towards the crib. Khushi gently passed Abhay to Arnav, whose strong and ready hands cradled him gently and then Arnav tucked his son into the bed and placed a kiss on his forehead. Khushi walked over and joined her husband by the crib, Arnav put an arm around her. Neither of them said a word, they didn't need to, everything they wanted was right here.

They walked back into their room and when the doors were shut and the baby monitor turned on Khushi turned to Arnav.
"How come you came into the nursery? Did Abhay wake you?" She asked and Arnav joined her on the bed, he leant against the headboard, Khushi shifted herself so her head lay on his chest and Arnav wound an arm around her.
"No, when you got up around two, I thought about getting up but I know I have this big presentation in the morning so I tried to sleep...but I couldn't. I just sleep better knowing you two are okay and if we're being precise, I sleep better knowing you're next to me." He said as he planted a kiss on the top of her head. Khushi smiled and looked up at Arnav. Who would have thought that a year down the line, Arnav Singh Raizada would have become such an integral part of Khushi Kumari Gupta's life? Arnav cupped his hands around her face and they shared a deep kiss. When the kiss broke, Khushi wound herself more tightly around her husband.
"I'm just better in general when you're around." She said, she then buried her head into Arnav's chest and murmured, "I love you." Arnav smiled as he felt the vibrations of Khushi's voice against her chest, knowing full well what she was saying. He held Khushi close to himself, it amazed him sometimes how much he'd changed since Khushi had entered his life. Never in his deepest thoughts had he imagined himself, ASR business tycoon to become loving husband and father. He never wanted it, all his life Arnav had lived under the misconception that love made a man weak and so he ran from it his whole life. That was until he met Khushi and learnt that love can be a man's weakness but it can also be his greatest strength. Without Khushi's love he'd never have been able to reveal Shyam's truth, he would never have taken the leap of faith in love and he would have never become committed to someone so completely. Khushi Kumari Gupta had changed his life irrevocably, as since he'd experienced this happy bliss Arnav never wanted to return to the cold isolationist way he lived his life before Khushi and Abhay.
"I love you too." He said aloud, but to deaf ears as Khushi had drifted into sleep, Arnav shut his eyes, finally content. So many fights, struggles and griefs had shaken their lives that only now, could they truly enjoy the happiness in their lives. Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada were bound in such a way that sometimes they felt as though their partner was the biggest annoyance of the other's life whilst at the same time they always thanked God that they had each other.


The End.

Read all other parts to this FF here


Author's note: Okay guys, that is the end of Dark Paradise, I hope you loved it as much as I loved writing this FF. But just to let you know I wont be gone for long, I'm planning to start the new Arshi FF during this week so keep an eye out for that. Also, a BIG BIG BIG thank you to all my loyal and lovely readers out there. I could not have done this without your kind words, encouragement and support. 
Thank you, 
Jas x

21 comments:

  1. I loved the chapter... but before u start ur new ff... could u have an epilogue for this one? Looking forward to it... and I want to read ur new ff as well... :)

    Love u loads <3
    - Ravneet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) I can't tell you how much your support has helped me through this FF and I tried writing an epilogue but it didn't work, the ideas and what I was writing just didn't make sense. I just feel like I can't add anything else to this now, I'm really sorry, I did try, thank you again :)

      Jas <3

      Delete
  2. loved the ending a lot
    it was beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, it means a lot to me :) thank you for reading it and commenting.

      Delete
  3. hey jas!!

    i love the story....its a beautiful plot...you used their antics really well...i honestly think the CV's used a lot of your plot and added it to the series...

    i have some issues as well but i want to send you a private message about it, is it possible for me to do that?? send you a non-public message??

    great story!

    ~sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sri!

      Thank you so much, you are incredibly sweet and it means a lot to hear that. Haha, I'm not quite sure I can claim the CVs used my ideas but I think they're on the right path right now haha.

      Erm I don't think there is any private messaging system on here but there is on tumblr, I have an account, just google sixteencnadles94 tumblr and I should come up. If you have an account you can privately message me, if you don't you can submit a question anonymously but then I would have to answer it publicly. That's all the help I can think of with that.
      Thanks again for your kind words,

      Jas :)

      Delete
  4. Gr8 ff!
    This is the best ff I've read so far!!!!!
    Looking forward to read ur new ff on arshi
    I finished reading all the parts in just 1 day the r just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you. This means a lot! I'm so glad you liked it. Wow, all of it in one day? That's impressive haha. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. jas,,, have u already made new epi for arshi??? where can i read it ??? please waiting for ur msg ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi so sorry I hadn't replied sooner, for some reason I didn't receive notifications for comments and I had been wrapped up in my own work life I didn't check to see till now. There are other stories: Even Stars Burn is the current pending story I was writing. Due to some personal issues I had taken a break from writing but over the December to January period I will be rounding up all pending projects. Thanks for commenting, reading and your patience!

      Delete
  6. i just stumbled across your FFs last night and i've got to say they're amazing! you're actually the writer by far, and i've read alot off FF's, i like that its cute, and romantic but not X-rated,its really hard to come across FF's like yours, well done, and i hope you carry on with your amazing work =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying! Yeah I'm not big on that whole side of writing just personal preference but I'm glad you enjoyed my work. I will be completing all pending stories over the December to January period so please do read if you're still interested. Thanks :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for writing a light-hearted and adorable fic. I can't believe this fic hasn't made rounds in IF yet. I'll definitely recommend it to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the high praise and recommendations all the support is much appreciated :)

      Delete
  8. read through all the parts..
    the story was amazingly beautiful *claps*
    loved every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time out to say that's incredibly kind of you! Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  9. Hey ghis is the second time ive read this story. You are an amazing writer, and I loved how you kept these two characters mentalitoes etc the same, just with a bit of added love. Brillant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much sorry for the delay in response for some reason I did not receive notifications for comments. Thank you for reading though and I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  10. I lived and loved every Li'l part of it.... It was just fabulous.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I'm shocked that even in 2017 new people are discovering and enjoying this FF! Thank you for your kind words and for reading :)

    ReplyDelete