Sunday 29 July 2012

Even Stars Burn: Chapter One

Khushi didn't give anyone time to appeal or appease her, she ran up to what was, her's and Arnav's room, but after tonight it would go back to being Arnav's room. Everyone heard the door shut behind her and they stood in silence. Arnav was shocked, how could she? Why would she? She can't leave him. This was unacceptable for Arnav. He began to move to go stop Khushi from leaving when he felt a hand claw at his wrist.
"Chotte, usse jaanedijiye." Anjali said, her face was completely blank, it was as if she was numb inside. Devoid of emotion, she didn't even realise that she was putting the family, her brother in particular through hell. Payal was looking to Akash to say something, to do something but if Arnav was hesitant to say anything to Di then Akash didn't have much of a chance to stand up for Khushi.
"Di, I...you can't expect me to do that?" Arnav said, almost pleading. Anjali turned to him.
"Kyun? When my husband was leaving this house, did I say a word? Did you hear me go to stop him? Aggar main sab kuch sehsakti toh tum bhi sehna parega. Let her go, only then will our house become a home again." Anjali said. Arnav looked at his Di shocked. Was she serious right now? He understood her being upset but Khushi's leaving was not the answer to the problems going on at the moment.
"Di, I love and respect you, but, your husband was in the wrong, not my wife. He got the punishment he deserved, so why are you punishing Khushi when she hasn't done anything to deserve punishment?" Anrav said and Anjali gave him a cold look. "Maybe your forgetting Di, your husband had me kidnapped, he planned to kill me and take all of our wealth, Khushi was the one who risked everything and got me back here. So don't. Don't you dare tell me to just let her go." Arnav said as he shook his Di's hand off of his wrist.

Arnav stormed into the room to find Khushi furiously packing her stuff into a suitcase. Arnav walked towards her but she ignored him and continued to pack.
"Khushi, yeh kya pagalpaan hai? Stop behaving like a child, neeche ajao and we'll all discuss this rationally like adults." Arnav said as he grabbed her by the shoulders, his eyes looked straight into hers, while his were burning with the intensity of love Khushi's burned with rage. Khushi recalled the months of torture she had endured in the beginning of this marriage, all the abuse, all the hate and isolation she endured all those months. She looked at Arnav, she felt the love for him in her heart but it was clouded with these unpleasant memories. Khushi wanted a loving and happy marriage...this wasn't it.
"Choriye humain Arnavji, humko kisi se baat nahin karni, nahi kahi par jaana hain, kaas kar ke tumhare saath toh bilkul bhi nahin." She said and Arnav tightened his grip on Khushi.
"What do you mean especially not with me? Kya aap bhool gayi ki main tumhara-"
"Pati hoon? Kaisi bhool sakti, woh contract jo hain jo humko roz yaad dilati hoon." Khushi said as she tore herself from Arnav's grasp. "Pehle toh main sochti thi ki itne mahine bakhi hai Arnavji ki saath, abh toh baas itne haafte hai Arnavji ki saath, abh toh baas kuch hi din bahki hai. Lekin humko maaf karna abh hum kuch aur nahin sehsakte. Arre joh shaadi hum khabi karna nahin chathe teh, usko bachane ki kya zuroorat hai, jab kuch hi din main tutnewali hai." Khushi said and Arnav felt his arms go slack, had she really been counting the time till she was free from him? Was she so miserable in this marriage.
"Khushi, I-"
"Nahin Arnavji. Apne hamesha bhola aur hamesha maine suna, lekin aaj tum meri baat sunoge. All I wanted was a marriage full of love and happiness. I wanted to come into a home where I could be part of a haasta khilta parivaar. Lekin tumne mere saare armaan, mere saare khwabon ko tordhiya! Kyun kiya aisa? Kyun?!" Khushi shouted at him, but before Arnav could find the words to say to Khushi, Khushi had errupted again.
"Of course, you did it for Di. Your great and wonderful Di, you thought that I was having an affair with Shyam. Me? Did you really think I was that characterless? That I had no morals? That just proves that you never knew and you never understood me! I'm going so that your Di can be happy, so do me a favour and just let me go, spare me the dramatics." Khushi said as she lifted her suitcase and pushed past Arnav.

Something in that moment snapped inside Arnav, he grabbed Khushi's wrist and spun her around so that their bodies were pressed against each other.
"Listen to me Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada. I love you. I admit I made mistakes but I am trying here. I am trying my best for you, for Di, for me, hell for us! Does that mean nothing to you? Does this-" Arnav took her hand and raised it to his chest. "Does this mean nothing to you?!" Arnav said and Khushi closed her eyes as she could feel the rough, heavy and fast heartbeats of Arnav's. She opened her eyes.
"There was a time when it did matter...but not any-more." Khushi said as she removed her hand from his chest. Arnav still held her close to him, he could feel the rise and fall of her chest as they both breathed heavily, Khushi never meeting Arnav's eyes, but Arnav always had his eyes locked on Khushi.
"This is not over." He said, a tone of defiance and an air of arrogance were clear. Khushi took a deep breath, she could smell his cologne, she could feel his tight grip on her wrist and his body, so painfully close to hers. She looked up at him.
"Yes it is Arnavji. I can't take any-more of this. I wont. Goodbye." She said and she began to pull away, she turned away from Arnav, when she felt a slight pull as he still refused to let go of her.
"Khushi, you are my wife, the one and only wife I plan to have. This. Is. Not. Over." Arnav said, possessiveness ebbed out of his every word. Khushi clenched her jaw, she knew engaging in any-more conversation with him would lead to a weakening in her resolve. Instead she shook her hand free and proceeded to leave the Raizada Mansion. Khushi was walking through the living room and although the majority of the family members were pleading for Khushi to stay, asking her to be reasonable and patient, Khushi did not listen. This is because, one very important member remained still with a stony silence and Khushi knew that until Anjali was convinced of Khushi's innocence, Khushi could never live peacefully in Shaantivan. Khushi paused at the doorstep as a flood of memories hit her like a wave in the ocean. She remembered her accidental visit for the first time to Shantivan, the time she spent working here, the jokes and fun she had here and then the moment she was forced to live here through her contract marriage, the way that nobody spoke to her, the way everybody shunned her, then the way she was insulted by Shyam and finally how Anjali had belittled her today. A solitary tear fell from Khushi's eyes, which she quickly wiped away. She opened the door and left, she didn't even look back because if she had, she would have seen a very broken Arnav at the top of the stairs willing her internally not to leave...

Read other parts to this here.

10 comments:

  1. nice one.... bt plz update fast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so sorry I haven't replied sooner. I had some personal stuff going on and took an unplanned break from writing but I'm back now. I'll be posting a new chapter and post more regularly from now on. Sorry again and thank you for your support and kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Finally Jas! You updated! LOL I was waiting forever!!!! <3

    - Ravneet <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ravneet, its been a long time! Thanks for your kind words and support, you've always been a hugely supportive person on here for me so thanks for that. I had some personal reasons that made me take an unexpected break from writing but I'm back now and will be posting and writing more regularly. I hope you're well and thanks for always being such a great supporter of my writing! :)

      Delete
  3. jus freaking awesome.....i know its probably not since to compare your works....but i think im enjoying this just a tad bit more than dark paradise...but then again...maybe thats cause of the current track in the show...never the less....you are an amazing writer....please dont torture us and make us wait soooooooooooo long between updates...!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so sorry I haven't replied sooner. I had some personal stuff going on and took an unplanned break from writing but I'm back now. I'll be posting a new chapter and post more regularly from now on. Haha I actually preferred this story to Dark Paradise too! No no don't worry about comparing my writing, I love to know your opinions! Sorry again for the delay and thank you for your support and kind words :)

      Delete
  4. Thank god Khushi left now it's upto Arnav how to make it upto her and bring her back with all the respect and dignity she deserves and fix the mess he made of her life bcz of his sister.

    Farheen75

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you liked it! So sorry for the late reply! I'll be writing more regularly and posting more of this starting today :)

      Delete
  5. fab so far love Arnavs possessivness please send me the updates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the kind words, apologies for not replying sooner, I'm going to start writing more regularly and posting again so I hope you'll still want to read it! Sorry for the delay and thanks again :)

      Delete