Monday 16 July 2012

Even Stars Burn: Prologue

The whole Raizada family were gathered in the living room, it was the evening after Khushi's birthday. Arnav had attempted to placate Khushi but he had realised that again and again his sister was purposefully getting in the way. Arnav knew he had to tread lightly in this situation, after all this was a matter that involved his sister and his wife, he didn't want to hurt either, but most definitely one was clearly in the wrong. Khushi was stood next to Payal, who was holding her and NK was close to the two sisters, feeling that they needed someone in their corner. Khushi had tears running down her face, first Shyam had attacked her and now Di...it was too much.
"Chotte! Apko zara si bhi andazza hai ki mere dil peh kya bheetri hai! Aap sabh ko bhas Khushiji nazaar atta hai, mujhe aur mera gum nahin? Aapko yeh nazaar atta hai ki Khushiji udaas hai, lekin apko meri udaasi ka koi parva nahin? Aap toh badhi badhi batein kartein teh ki main hoon sabse important, duniya jayein jahaan jaana chahein lekin meri Di mere saath rehein, aisi baatein kartein teh na aap?!" Anjali screamed, the rage that had been brewing in her since Shyam had been thrown out the house was finally unleashed and it would leave an explosion in Arnav and Khushi's relationship.
"Di..." Arnav began.
"NO! NAHIN! AAP MUJHE DI MAAT BULAH! Di paata hai ki kya hothi hai? Behen hothi hai, main apki badi behen hoon, aur tumhara bhai hone ki naatein responsibilities hain. Sabse important responsibility yeh hain, ki meri aur meri khushiaan ki raksha karo. LEKIN TUM! Tum ho ki meri kushiaan iss ghar se bahar nikaldia, jaise koi kachara hai!" Anjali cried, Arnav reached out for his sister, to touch her arm, reassure her that he was still there for her. "NAHIN! Chotte abh tumhe faisla karna padega! Abh yahaan Khushiji rahongi ya mein!" Anjali said, her words seemed to echo through the house, leaving a heavy weight on Arnav. Had she really just demanded he choose between his wife and his sister? What kind of ultimatum is that? This was extreme especially for Anjali. Arnav couldn't seem to find a voice, he didn't have the words, the eloquence, the tact to deal with this situation. How could he?

"Di...I...I...I ca-" Arnav had started.
"No." It seemed only as loud as a whisper, but Khushi's voice was heard by all, Anjali and Arnav turned to Khushi who had previously been stood, sobbing quietly, a meek and mild character in this argument. Khushi looked up, her eyes wild and defiant.
"No. I've had enough." Khushi said as she freed herself from her sister's embrace.
"Khushi what are you say-" Arnav said, Khushi raised her hand, silencing him.
"No more, I cannot handle anymore. You all think the worst of me, you never give me a chance to defend myself, even if I did none of you would believe me. You take it turn by turn to belittle and degrade me, but I, I carry on, I smile, I try to make the best out of a bad situation...but not anymore." Khushi said and Arnav looked confused and shocked at her.
"Khushi, what do you mean?" Arnav asked, as he stepped towards her, he had his arm out, he meant to hold her but she stepped away.
"I mean, I'm making this decision a lot easier for you. Congratulations Di. You win. I'm leaving. I hope you'll all be happy now." Khushi said.

Read other parts to this here.

8 comments:

  1. Nice update...
    PS: I think I'm a stalker... am I?

    - Ravneet <3
    Love u loads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you and no you are not a stalker! I always smile when I see your comments :)

      Delete
  2. great start
    she is leaving
    i also want this i dont want her to forgive him easily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it and no I don't intend on her forgiving him easily too, I just updated now :)

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! So cool! Plz do continue! Im loving it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sooooo glad you liked it, I just updated it now :)

      Delete
  4. superb start.....cant wait for more....please please update soon.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I just updated now :)

      Delete